Sunday, November 23, 2003

Love or Hate


My brother and I came back from driving my dad to the airport.

I suggested that we go to Starbucks. come to think of it, I don't know of any decent coffee shop in Hayward.

You either love Starbucks or you hate them. Even if you hate them, sometimes you can't help and go there.

Imagine, though, that at $3.50 - $3.75 you are buying a big cup of coffee.

Starbucks just changed the way you look at coffee. they sell you an image.
You want to pay $3+ for a cup of joe..

think of the profit margins in this business.... how much is it for some roast beans and water.

I guess people want to congregate a nice comfortable place. look at every Starbucks that you visit. there are nice comfy couches and chairs and tables.
they sell "clean" and "groovy"

I feel bad for the Burbs, because there isn't a place like Cafe Roma or Cafe Trieste ...

people in the burbs don't have much choices....

today I went to Stoneridge mall.. and I was thinking to myself...
..Look at all these people,... wearing the same clothes, shopping at the same stores..

Hell I'm surburban.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home