Wednesday, July 09, 2003

On Monday night, I had to go back to San Francisco for my meeting with Asian Art Museum folks.
We met at the Jade Bar. I had the Jade version of the Mojito- Sumo jito; it used vokda and triple sec as oppossed to rum in the original. It was quite tasty.

The Jade bar is very cool. It's very small and cozy but has 3 levels of zen like vibe. The main window, which is about 20 feet long doubles as a waterfall.

The water drains to a pool on the basement level. Orchids adorned the place. It's HIP to be Asian!


http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/35900696


I found out that last Art After Hours that our little group helps promote lost $20k from the April event!! .. Yikes!! Like Milli Vanilli I blame it on the rain! It was pouring cats and dogs that night. I think they were expecting over 2500 people that night. Only 1700 people showed up. Of which 200 people were comp'd. So only 1500 people paid.

So I was given these flyers to pass out.

Before returning back to the East Bay... I stopped off at our old loft. 1800 Bryant Street.

It was fresh in my mind that I use to live here. It was weird. the street was quiet; days old newspaper flying about....
I punched in the door code and I dropped off the flyers for the next Art After Hours.

Did I miss my old place? Not really. Although i love the location of our old loft I'm glad I left. I look forward to own a piece of land. So I can build my own loft when I renovate an old house.

You can't build out or up in a loft building ( or glorified condo building ).

One thing is for sure. Property in SF will almost always appreciates especially if you live in desirable neighborhoods


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home